Are you drinking enough water
Hydration is one of the most important basic requirements in life.
Even a 1% dehydration can alter a person’s mood, energy level, and ability to think clearly, according to two 2011 studies, which makes sense, as our brain consists of approximately 78% water.
Find opportunities to drink more water:
– When you go to the bathroom and wash your hands, have a few sips from the tap
– Drink a small glass before bed and a larger glass upon rising
– Before your coffee – historically this was done to clean the palate
– Between alcoholic beverages
– If you struggle to drink the recommended minimum of 2 litres daily, you could mark up some water bottles as I have done here – they are 500ml each, so you would need to fill them up twice (and don’t hold back if you want to drink more!)
If you find pure water boring, you could try some of the following:
– Infused water
– Sliced citrus fruit or zest (lemon, lime, orange, grapefruit)
– Crushed fresh mint leaves
– Peeled and sliced fresh ginger
– Sliced cucumber
– Sparkling water with a splash of fruit juice
– Tea – experiment with green, white and red varieties
– Iced tea
Urine should be very pale yellow (unless you have just taken B vitamins), and should not smell.